Tuesday, November 9, 2010

this weeks happenings

We had such a good week last week. The weather was so nice! Our fall season has been amazing this year so me and the Mister went on a great walk.



I was able to get together with my two favorite OSSO girls for lunch! I hadn't seen Danielle and Dantz for over a year. It was so fun to get together, chat and get updated on each other lives!
I love these girls
and little Rocky too



On Saturday night, I got together with my girlfriend from High School: Kinsey, Courtney, Kate, Whitney and Lindsey. We met at CPK at the Gateway and quickly ate our food, but stayed in the restaurant for another 3 hours. It was so fun talking about our latest adventures and of course, reminiscing about our high school days.


So you want an update on Lincoln huh?! Okay!

Well last night was a big night. On the eve of being 8 weeks (Yes he is 8 weeks today) .....

HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!


It's true! It was blissful. Although I woke up at 5 AM confused on why I hadn't been woken up earlier by Lincoln.  My mind started racing and I ran into his nursery to make sure he was okay. He was sound asleep, in his normal sleeping position...with his arms above his head.

I was so excited for our little guy. And excited for me and James. Although, James doesn't classify last night as 'sleeping through the night' because Lincoln went to bed at 11:30 and woke up at 7. Ya..I don't know why he doesn't think that counts.  I defiantly do!

I really enjoy getting Lincoln ready for bed. I love our mommy/son time. Depending on the night I bathe him (which he still LOVES) then we get in our jammies. I then read him 3 stories, finishing with the book, "mommies kisses".  I then sing him 2 lullabies, a primary song, and then I finish with a song my mom use to sing to us kids when we were babies. And I sing that while I rock him to sleep. I love this rocking chair that we now have in his nursery. My dad bought it for my mom the Christmas before Mitch was born. She rocked all of us kids in it. Since we didn't have a rocking chair, my mom said we could use it. I love rocking Lincoln in it! And it's so fun knowing that I was rocked to sleep in it too.


On a side note...tomorrow I'm going to go proof my wedding album. Yes, we've been married for a year and a half and yes I am just getting  it! Better late then never!

No comments:

Post a Comment