Thursday, October 21, 2010

Questions for you Mommies out there!

So- - - - -

I have some "mommy questions" for all you ladies out there.  I'd love some feedback on a few things. I understand every baby is different, so I'd love to hear how your child did or what you did in regard to these questions...

*I'm sick with a nasty cold. I'm scared that Lincoln might get it. I'm not nursing anymore (so frustrating!) so he's not getting the breastmilk antibodies. What should I do to keep him healthy?

*When did your baby sleep through the night?

*How did you get your baby to sleep though the night?

*How did you get your baby to sleep more that 3-4 hours at a time?

*Did you get your baby on a schedule?

*If so, how old were they?

*If so, what was the schedule like?

*When did your baby grow out of newborn CLOTHES?

*When did your baby grow out of newborn DIAPERS?

As you can see, we are getting Lincoln on a schedule. He's doing pretty well with it, although his 'awake time' isn't as long as i'd like it to be. He is sleeping well at night, waking up every 3 hours. I'm not complaining, 3 hours is GREAT! It's a lot better than 1 hour! I think we'd all do just a little better if we can stretch those 3 hours just a little more. And maybe he is still too young (5 weeks).

Anyways-let me know your thoughts, experiences and feelings!

Thanks

4 comments:

  1. My son Connor is sorta on a schedule... He just turned 12 months old, but he has been on it since he was 3-4 months old. I just schedule when he eats and takes naps. At first I would lay him down whenever I thought he looked tired or rubbed his eyes and he would instantly fall asleep and he was such a good sleeper from the start! We are VERY blessed! He would eat every 3 hours and sleep for about an hour every 3 hours too. When Connor was little, he would also wake up every 3 hours in the night and eventually he slept longer. I'm sure Lincoln will be the same way. Just trust your mommy instincts and you'll do great! Your a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy child. It's the sleep bible--along with the schedule bible. I swear, it's saved my life!
    My kids were all too big to even be in newborn diapers or clothes, so we went right on to the big sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only have one- but I swear kids tend to put themselves on their own schedule. Lucy is an awesome sleeper however... she would do the 3-4 hours for a long time, then at like 3-4 months old she eventually started doing like 6-8 hrs. I tried to feed her a little more right before bed so she would hopefully sleep longer- but if he's a spitter, that probably won't work so great! It's hard- because I swear as soon as you get used to something, they go through a growth spurt and eat more, etc... But just don't stress it. Just go with whatever he needs at this point, and eventually he'll work out a schedule that works for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- and when they start having blow outs all the time, it's time to move up a size in diapers! That was always my cue.

    ReplyDelete