Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It has already been a year!

I cannot believe that James and I have been married for one year now! This year has seriously gone by so fast, I can't comprehend it! It has been such a great and amazing year!

Last night, while driving home, James turned to me and asked what I was thinking at this time (it being 9:30) a year ago. I told him I was trying to calm down and stay relaxed! ha

Our wedding day was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I remember not being able to sleep the night before because the good ol' stomach flu was heading my way. BLAH (that was not the perfect part) I remember waking up and feeling so gross and sick before I went to go get my hair done, but I told myself in the mirror, out loud, 'this is my wedding day, and i'm going to get through it being happy and not letting my sickness get in the way.' The Lord seriously blessed me because I was great for the rest of the day!

Kelli went with me to go get my hair done. It was relaxing to just sit and ponder what the day had in store for me.

After the hair was done, we went home and started on my make up. I actually only wore base and eyeliner..no mascara because I knew I would be crying during our sealing and I didn't want to deal with wet, ruined mascara eyes. (i was SO glad I did that!)

Jana was at my parents house helping my mom gather everything that we needed and then we had family prayer and we left the house to go to the Salt Lake Temple.

As we were getting on the freeway, I remember looking out the window and looking at the sky and clouds and how beautiful it was and how this day was my wedding day! I was so grateful that I had made the decision to live my life according to be married and sealed in the House of the Lord.

When we got to the Temple, we saw Layne and Marian (my in laws) in the parking garage and walked up to the Temple with them. My dad offered to hold my wedding dress as we walked to the Temple. I remember telling him that I was fine carrying it and then it hit me. I was the girl that was walking to the Temple to get married. I was the one that other people were looking at thinking, 'that's a bride, she's getting married today!' 

When we walked in the Temple, there was James, sitting in his tux with his head down. (we were late, I'm sure his head was being to race) He walked up to me and kissed me.

We went and signed some paperwork and then separated to go get changed.

I loved having my mom with me helping me change into my sealing dress.  I wore my moms wedding dress to get sealed in. It was so special to me. Jana was also sealed in her dress. There was a special spirit having her zip up my dress, knowing that I was following my families footsteps and making the right decision.

I met James in the Celestial. I remember sitting there and seeing other couples leaving with their sealers or temple worker to go get sealed. I remember I kept telling James that it wasn't fair that they were all going before us! We were there first!

Well, a Temple worker came and got us we went upstairs. I saw all of the other couples sitting in the hall talking to their Temple Sealers. We got to our Sealing Room and my Grandpa walked out and greet us and kissed me and said, "Lets go!" I smiled and looked at all the other couples sitting down the hall still talking to their sealers and thought to myself, "ha! I'm going first!"

I loved seeing all our family in the Temple together. It was special having my Grandpa seal us. It was so personal and memorable.  I loved the things and promises he gave us. It was absolutely perfect!!

After the Sealing my mom and I went down and started to change and get into my wedding dress. 

When I was all ready, the Temple worker took us to go meet James. I remember walking down this long white hallway. Me and my mom were walking together and then she suddenly started to hang back. I could see James sitting on a bench with a Temple worker and they were causally talking. I started to lengthen my stride and he suddenly noticed me. I will NEVER forget the look he gave me when he first saw me. He quickly stood up and came to my side and kissed me and said I looked beautiful. This is one of the 'wedding moments' I will NEVEr, EVER forget.

We had to wait about 30 minutes to walk out of the Temple, not because there was a line of brides, but because my siblings were there yet. blah. We needed up walking out anyways, without having Mitch and Steph there because we were waiting for such a long time and everyone outside was waiting. 

The rest of the day was beautiful! The clouds rolled in and made for perfect pictures. After all the pictures we headed to our gorgeous reception! The rest of the day was just relaxing and wonderful!

I loved everything about June 30th, 2009. I am so grateful that I married James. We have had such a great year. We have learned and grown so much in this year.  He still melts my heart. I love him so so so much! Thanks James for everything! I LOVE YOU!



1 comment:

  1. I'm such a bad SIL, I totally didn't even wish you a happy anniversary!! I'm sorry!! I hope you guys had a great night, I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete