Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Dirty Word

Cancer is such a nasty word.

Jana told her 2 year old daughter that Great Grandpa has cancer...


I cringed.

Can't cancer be called something else?!


Seriously it is so dirty!


My Grandpa Mitchell was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer a few months ago.
I was able to go see him at the hospital on Tuesday night after his first dose of radiation.
He was in such great spirits....but I think it might have to be because of his medication he was on.  If anybody knows him, he has a ... unique sense of humor.  But after his treatment, his humor was just...bazaar! (but so entertaining!)

Luckily his cancer was caught really early and he only needs a total of 6 radiation treatments. He goes to the hospital for 2 days, gets 3 treatments, comes home for 2 weeks then does another 2 days of treatments.  The doctor says the radiation will be 98% successful!! How awesome is that!!!

I am so grateful for modern medicine and that this procedure is available and will save my grandpa. He's only 75 for goodness sakes!!  Love you Grandpa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment