Friday, June 11, 2010

Lagoon and a baby update

Yesterday was my dads work Lagoon day. Our family is NOT a fan of Lagoon, but when it comes to The Boyer Company party every year, we get so excited to go! Unfortunately, the weather was nasty. My sisters and mom and I sat in my parents drive way waiting for the rain, hail, thunder and lightning to stop. Once we got there, the weather turned somewhat nice and we were able to enjoy our evening.

I had posted a question on Facebook a few weeks ago asking Yay or Nay if it's okay to ride the rides at lagoon this far along in my pregnancy, and boy, my prediction was wrong. Everyone told me it was a Nay and gave multiple reasons why. SO, yesterday I sat and watched the boys and babies ride the rides. Seriously, it was so depressing. Oh well, next year will be my year!!

Speaking of babies....My Mister (yes, that is his name for now because we cannot decided on a name) is SO sticking lucky! You see, when I grew up, I never was really close to any of my cousins. We would do family get togethers and stuff, but never 'hang out' or get really close. Our families were and still are pretty independent.  I had friends in high school that were (and still are) cousins and they were SO close. They went to school together, same age and were close to their aunts. They hung out and loved being with each other. I always said that I wanted my kids to be close to their cousins and how I want to be close to my nieces and nephews and be an Aunt that was always around.

Luckily, this has been the case so far in my family. My Jana and Mitch's oldest are 10 weeks apart and they are extremely close. They do everything together! and now that Maggie is old enough, those 3 now do everything together. They are seriously best friends, and all of us siblings are really close to them as well. Baby Tag is one and is still a little young to be running around the older kids, but he will soon be joining the fun,

Anyways..back to why the Mister is luckily...
He will have SO many cousins his age!!! YAY!

Baby girl was born in Feb.
Baby boy was born in May
Mister will be born in September
Baby girl will be born in October
Baby (unknown) will be born in November
Baby (unknown) will be born in December
Baby (unknown) will be born in January.

As you can see, pretty much everyone in our families is having a baby!! Baby Mister will have 6 cousins his age!!! Can you believe that!!!!!? I am seriously so so so excited!! It is seriously so fun being pregnant with family! We all have something to talk and compare about. And it is so nice having such great family support as well!!

I've also had people asking for baby updates, so I decided that when I blog (how ever often that really is) I'm going to do a baby update... so here it is.

Baby Update
I'm almost 27 weeks!
My legs have been cramping all night and all morning and I cannot get ride of them (I hope this doesn't last another 13 weeks)
I sleep 11 hours each night and I seriously sleep so well!! (hopefully this will last 13 more weeks)
Mister is moving so much! It is so fun to feel him hit 4 different spots in my tummy all at the same time.
He'll kick and move if he knows mommy's hand, but for anybody else, including daddy, he gets shy and won't kick or move.
My parents bought us our stroller/car seat!! I LOVE IT! I put it together the other night and I asked James if it was weird that I want to go on a walk with it that night. He said it was :)
I decided on the Graco and I am so so so happy I went with it!! I can't wait to use it!!
The nursery is coming along.
I made the bedskirt last week and LOVE IT!
The bumper will be arriving on Monday and then I'll go get the sheets
I haven't decided if I'm going to paint in the nursery yet because the walls are already blue. I have to decide if there is 'too much blue' once I get all the bedding together.
(i'll post pictures of the crib bedding once I get it all together next week)
Oh and I also made super cute burp clothes.
(i'll post pictures of those too when I get my camera out next week :))

4 comments:

  1. I am really excited to see pics of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update my girl! I LOVED seeing you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait for pics! Can't wait to see the baby room too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...does that mean that Jana is pregnant, due in January?!

    ReplyDelete