Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Florida..and I'm not there

So I have some frustration going on. First off, James is leaving tomorrow for Florida...and I SHOULD BE GOING WITH HIM! He is running his first IRON MAN! Yay, I'm so proud of him! He has been working so hard. He'd wake up at 6 and go biking or running for several hours, then go to work/school then come home and head to the gym for weights and swimming. It will be nice not having him on a strick workout schedule anymore and now we'll have more time for each other! YAY! okay, so back to my frustration. When James was about to buy the tickets, I had just got back from one of my classes and my teacher said that we'd have MANDITORY classes the first week of Novemeber..which is this week. She then said there would be no excuses and if you missed your grade would drop 2 letter grades. BLAH! So I told James that I could fly out late Thursday night so I could go to class and still spend time in Flordia and watch the race.  Well, we decided we would wait a few weeks before we bought my ticket so I could make sure I could make it work with my schedule and once we did, we looked up the tickets and they DOUBLED! So, I will be staying home...missing out on my husbands first IRONMAN and not spending time in the nice, warm, beautiful Florida.  Well, today I was in that MANDATORY class and a couple of my classmates went to my teacher and said they couldn't be there in class on Thursday and she said...okay, that's fine i'm gonna give a paper for the ones who miss the class so they can make it up. WHAT THE!? I could have written a paper and have gone to FLORIDA! NOT COOL!!! So THEN tonight, I got an email from my teacher stating that if you are sick you can miss class and not have to make up what you missed that day because she doesn't want sickness to get passed around. I'm sick..cough cough. GOODNESS...I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET!! So now i'm staying home..well actually i'm going to stay at my parents this weekend..which will be a lot of fun..althought Kelli just got back from the doctor and she has the Swine. So my luck i'll get it while i'm there. But hey, if I end up missing my class...i won't have to make it up! (come on, lets look on the positive side :)

I'm seriously so proud of James! He's done so many triathlons and a handful of marathons and now he'll be completing an iron man.  He is such a hard worker and so determined. I can't wait to go to this next iron man..maybe next time it'll be in HAWAII!
Good luck babe! You'll swim fast, Bike hard and run like the wind! LOVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment