Saturday, November 7, 2009

Let the race begin

Here I am, sitting outside on my parents front door step trying to get internet service. I'm wrapped up in a blanket, still in my PJs tracking James' race!!

James is half way done with the swim! yay! I love being able to track him. It's like I am there in real life! I wish I was though. I woudn't be freezing at 7AM in Utah..i'd be nice and warm on the beach of Florida.

So far He has swam 1.2 miles in the time of 35:20! Awesome babe! His average 100/m is 1:51. His second 1.2 mile he swam in 40:10 with an average 2:06 100/m. He is currently ranked 63 in his division and 990th over all! WOOHOO! James' transition time between swim and bike was 8:55. James told me last night that the transitions were set up in a ballroom at a hotel. He said you run into the hotel, hit your transition spot and change then run out and a volunteer hands you your bike. I told him last night that I hoped he got the right bike. It didn't make sense to me that they could know who would be going through the transition at the time and which bike to hand off. Oh well, at least he off to his looong bike ride.


John is also do awesome! His first 1.2 miles he swam in 36.49 with his average 100/m at 1:56. His second 1.2 he swam 40:34 with an average 2:08. He finished the swim in 1:17:23! He is currently ranked 141 in his division and 1124 over all! Johns transition time from swim to bike was 8:44.

To be honest, i'm SOOO glad the swim is over! That is the scariest part of me. I am SOO Glad he is out of the water! It is seriously SUCH A RELIEF!  

I pray for ALL THE ATHLETS! It's dangerous out there!

I'll keep you all posted when I get new Information.

1 comment:

  1. I could never swim like that! You should have come out with him to Florida... you guys could have stayed with us! Good luck to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete