Friday, November 6, 2009

T-13 hours

 Well, all the bikes are racked and transition bags are handed in. The work and training has been done in preparation for the Ford Ironman Florida and tomorrow is the big pay off for those competing. The night before any Ironman is probably the most difficult part of Ironman racing.   For many here racing, a pasta dinner and a restless sleep is on the agenda for tonight. With 1239 competitors attempting there first Ironman tomorrow you can only imagine the collective nervous anticipation here.

Only 13 more hours until the race starts! I just got off the phone with James and he is getting ready for bed. (It's only 7:35 there right now) He's super nervous and is planning on laying in bed for the next 7 hours until he has to get up and get ready for the big race!

I wish him the bestest luck! I'll keep everyone posted on how he's doing! You can track him your self by going to ironman.com and click on Athlete Tracker. Type in Wright and you'll see him there! John is also listed so track him as well! It's exciting because I'll be able to know how he's doing before he really knows..he he. He doesn't like that so much :)

Good Luck Guys! I'm proud of you! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck to James! We are excited to see how he does.(I can't even imagine what it would be like to compete!)

    ReplyDelete