Monday, October 19, 2009

The Release

I just needed to verbally express how grateful I am for my dad and all his hard work. Yesterday afternoon he was released as second counselor in the stake presidence.  He had been in that position for 9 years. I was in the 7th grade when He was called and now i'm in my 3rd year of college and married.

It's weird to think he's not 'President' anymore. I grew up with him having meetings Tuesday and Thursdays night, and being very involved in the stake. We are grateful that he'll be around...especially now that my parents are empty nesters.  It's been fun to see my parents begin to the adjustment of having more time together.  The past month or so my dads meeting haven't been so regular so my parents would go out and send time together. It is so fun seeing them. It's like they are on a second honeymoon. They truely love each other and I love seeing it!

The new stake presidency is going to be amazing! The new President was one of my former Bishops and was the Stake Executive Secretary, Bishop Strong.  He is such a great man! He is so loving, caring, and a genuin person.  The first and second counselors were also former bishops in the stake...both outstanding men.

It'll be great to have dad around more. I know it'll be an adjustment for him, but he served faithfully and magnified his calling to the fullest. Good job dad...I Love You

1 comment:

  1. Your dad did an amazing job! We love him! We are so grateful for ALL of his service to the Stake. Your family is an awesome example to us. I hope he enjoys his short break. I'm sure he will be back to work soon. :)

    ReplyDelete