Saturday, October 10, 2009

St. George Marathon



Last weekend James, his brothers: Sam and John and I went down to St. George for the St. George Marathon. I was so happy to get away for a little road trip. I was also really happy because training for this marathon has been a killer. 
When we got down to St. George we went and picked up their packets and numbers. They had a lot of booths set up and we found one that checked your body fat percentage. James and I went and got it done together. The lady laughed when our results showed up. James has like 7.7% which is really low and mine was like 14.5% which is also really low. The lady said we needed to go home and have a good home cooked meal. James looked at me and we both laughed. We both know that since we've been married we really only have one home cooked meal a week! ha! Life is too crazy to cook these days!
After we picked up the packets we went to my sister is law, Sydney's house. She and her family was so kind to let us stay at her house that weekend. We had dinner, and just relaxed which was really nice.
At 4:25 AM James' alarm went off and they were all in the car 10 minutes later so they could make the bus to the starting line for the race. Luckily for me..I got to stay in bed until 8! Sam and I left just after 9 to get to the finish. I was so happy that we left not a minute later because right when we got to the finish line...I saw this...


James had just finished and crossed the finish line!
He did SUCH A GOOD JOB TOO!! He ran the race in 3:02! He beat his previous scores which was really good. But he was a little disappointed because he wanted to get 3 or under 3 minutes this year. But he can blame it on his legs cramping up on mile 23 :) But the good news is that he and all is siblings AND Sydney qualified for the Boston Marathon! Boston here we can...2011!!!
I'm so proud of him!!! I love going and watching James' races! I'm just sad I won't be able to be in Florida this November to watch him run THE IRON MAN. ...But I know he'll still do great!



Thomas and Sydney
Tom ran about 3:07 and Syd ran 3:13! Awesome job guys!



My brother in law John
Finished around 2:52

No comments:

Post a Comment