Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS


A few weeks ago, we were asked to play Mary and Joseph and Lincoln to play baby Jesus in our ward Christmas Program.  At first I was hesitant because I thought it'd be 'cheesy' but in the end I was truly grateful we agreed to play the part.

A man in our ward read from Luke as we walked into the chapel.  He was reading about Mary and Joseph going into Bethlehem to be tax and how Mary was great with child and was trying to find a place to stay.  I imagined myself being pregnant and getting turned down by inn keepers because all of the rooms were full. I couldn't imagine the disappointment Mary could have felt. I couldn't imagine not being in a nice place to deliver a baby.  
Doing the Nativity was such an eye opener.  I appreciate Mary and Joseph so much more now that I have experienced child birth and mother hood.  Mary was truly amazing and I certainly admire her and her strength and faith.

I am more grateful for this Holiday Season where we get to celebrate Jesus' birth.  This seasons seems so much more special than it has in previous years - and i'm so grateful I get to spend it with my little family.

Lincoln was the perfect little Jesus. He didn't fuss once. He got many compliments throughout the night on how well he did.

I love my little man so much!

So once again...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment