Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lincoln's Baby Blessing

On Sunday, December 5th 2010 my sweet little Lincoln James was blessed by his amazing Daddy.  It was such a special day for me.

When we got to the church I started seeing all our family arrive. Tears came to my eyes as I saw all our loved ones who have supported us during this journey of parenthood come and share this special day with us.

Right before it was time that Lincoln was blessed he became super fussy. I gave him his bottle but thought that if I took it out of his mouth he'd scream or he'd spit it up all over everyone in the circle. Luckily, when it was time, James took Mr. Lincoln from me and he stopped crying.  I prayed that's he'd be happy during his blessing.

James did such an amazing job with the blessing. He blessed Lincoln with the desire to be obedient, to have faith, with the ability to work, that he'll gain a testimony of the Gospel, The Book of Mormon, the prophets and especially Jesus Christ and that he will look to the great examples around him.

I wish I could have been standing in the circle.  All the men in the circle: Dad, Layne, Nick, Dennis, John, Bill, Taylor, Sam, Thomas and Daniel all had good things to say about the blessing. But the most touching thing to me was when everyone said how sweet and touching it was to see Lincoln being held by everyone, holding onto my Dads finger starring, smiling and cooing. I have such a sweet little boy and to hear how happy he was during this sacred ordinance really testified to me the truthfulness of this Gospel.

I was able to stand and bare my testimony in church. I don't remember what I said, but all I know is that my heart was so full and I needed to express to my Heavenly Father how grateful I was for my family and for my little Lincoln and what a blessing he has been in our lives.

The spirit was so strong, not only during the blessing, but for the rest of the day.  When I thought about the amazing Gospel and how luckily I am to have been raised in a righteous home and to now be in a position to raise my own child in this Gospel, my heart would burn because of the gratitude I was feeling.

I am also grateful that I married James, who was also raised in a righteous home.  It is easy for us to live a righteous life together because we both have the same standards and wants and desires.

After the blessing we had our families over for a little luncheon. It was so nice to be surrounded by our loved ones.

Here are some of the many pictures I documented of Lincoln's special day





My dad and Scotty. 
My dad had both of his feet operated on just days before the blessing and Scotty had just had ankle surgery. They were such trooper to come!













Lincoln loves my Dad! They have such a sweet bond





All the Wright boys who came




haha I love this face - he was so ready for nap time at this point.

Thanks again for everyone's love and support. You helped this day be very special for us!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. Sounds like a fun day-p.s I LOVE his outfit! Darling!

    ReplyDelete