Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Zone Conferences

I had planned my trip to North Carolina so I could attend my parents last Zone Conference before transfers that they had in Charlotte. Well, the leading weeks before I arrived, they had General Authorities visiting, and Mission President Seminar - so they had to push a couple more zone conferences and meetings during the first week I was there. Needless to say, they were BUSY! But I LOVED seeing my parents busy and in 'their element'. I was able to attend the last hour of one of their zone conferences with the boys. We had planned on getting a sitter for them, but it was impossible to find one that wasn't in school. So my parents were kind enough to let us all (kids included) sit in on some of the conference. Can I just say how amazing it was! I LOVE seeing my parents teach. I love seeing the missionaries soak up everything they were saying. The spirit was amazing in that meeting.

When we first arrived at the conference, my dad introduced us. Then, all of the missionaries stood up and sang Called To Serve. Words cannot describe how incredible the Spirit was during that. I loved it and I'm glad my boys were able to be in that atmosphere and see all the missionaries and hear their testimonies through song.  

Things I loved about being at Zone Conference:
-My dad being a GRANDPA & and Mission President
-My dad being a DAD & and Mission President. (Winn was getting restless so I walked out of the cultural hall. I let Winn run around and I was peeking through the door window, trying to hear what was being said. A Sister came and opened the door saying that my dad had asked her to open it for me so I could hear.)
-Lincoln and Winn attended their first (of many) Zone Conference. Linc sat at the head of the room with his ipad and head phones :)
-Seeing my Mom teach just as much as my dad taught. She is such a great missionary!
-Seeing my mom as a Missionary
-Listening to what my dad was teaching, and realized it was similar (if not exactly) what he had taught me and my siblings growing up.
-Seeing these Missionaries being loved by my parents - just as much love as they love their own children












After the meeting and Lunch I took the kids back to my parents home. They were out in a matter of minutes! 

 My parents had ZLC training as well that week. I had the chance to help my mom out in the kitchen the night before. This was preparing just a salad for the meeting! I also made cookies for them as well. It was fun taking lunch to them all and seeing more missionaries the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment