Thursday, January 9, 2014

Charlotte #1

On October 26th I took the littles to Charlotte North Carolina to visit my parents who are serving a LDS Mission there. I so wish James could have come with us, but instead he went to Brazil to visit his parents who are on their mission! We had to divid and conquer our visits this time around.
Packing, Packing, Packing!


James helped get all our bags checked and then we had to say our goodbyes.
It was hard to say bye knowing the James would be in a completely different country and the only way to communicate was via email - and skype if we could plan it correctly. I had the biggest worry that something bad was going to happen and there wouldn't have been a way to communicate fast enough. but no worries - we were all safe

 Little boys watching big planes.

Our plane ride was fantastic! I was able to upgrade our seats to the bulk head seats so we had lots of room. Lincoln played on the ipad and Winn slept a lot of the flight thanks to some benedryl. I also sat by the nicest lady ever! She helped with the boys, comforted me when Winn had a complete melt down and helped us get off of the plane. When the plane landed everyone around us offered to help. A man who was sitting 3 rows back yelled up to the front of the plane when we landed and said 'everyone, let that mom and her kids get off the plane first.' and you know what?! Everyone did! We got off the plane so quick we beat my parents to the airport :)

We didn't get in until 11:00 PM so once we got to my parents house, we crashed. The next day was Sunday so we went to my parents home ward sacrament meeting. That day I relax with the littles and explored my parents yard. 



That day too I heard the littles playing in my parents home office. I thought how nice it was that they were getting along so great. I then thought that they must be up to something since there isn't anything 'fun' in there. Well, I was wrong! What kid wouldn't love playing with a giant magnet board with close to 200 magnets. haha
The transfer board never looked so good!



 North Carolina is so pretty in the fall. My parents had meetings so I took the boys to our favorite park there in Charlotte one of the days we were there. It is gorgeous! 






 Lincoln loved all the squirrels.  He loved to chase them up the trees. We were always looking out of squirrels.



Seriously, isn't this gorgeous!?

(stay tuned...more Charlotte is coming soon)


No comments:

Post a Comment