Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Halloween In Charlotte!

We planned our trip just right and were able to celebrate Halloween in Charlotte! I had a nightmare with my costumes for the boys. I had ordered them online and was waiting and waiting for them and somehow they were lost in the mail and so there I was, Halloween morning with no costumes! Luckily, that morning my momma and I went out and about looking for costumes. The costumes I had ordered were simple Super Hero capes and masks. So I had a grand idea that I would just go to the fabric store and sew my little heart out and make them that day. (what was I thinking?!) LUCKILY, while we were at Walmart, we found Super Hero jammies on sale and bought them and called it good! We did still head to the fabric store and made some simple masks for them. If I do say so, they looked stinkin cute! I was sad James wasn't around to see them boys or go trick or treating with us. But he was having his own fun in brazil! :)

The boys and I painted some pumpkins to set on the front porch. They were a bit sad looking. haha 




After painting our sad looking pumpkins, we got the boys ready for our fun filled Halloween evening! Lincoln even helped get Grandmas treats ready for the Trick or Treaters.






 Can I just say how amazing the weather was?! It was 30 degrees and raining in Idaho. And in Charlotte it was in the 70's! Not even a sweater was needed all night long!

My parents live in the greatest neighborhood. Every year, they have a Halloween block party! This year they had a Southern BBQ Truck there. The food was delicious, the games were fun, and all the neighbors were so nice and welcoming.




After the party, My mom and I took the boys around the neighborhood to gather candy. Winn was a perfect child in his stroller. Lincoln loved it! Although he was spent after the first house. We kept encouraging him to keeping knocking on doors so my mom and I could get a glimps of all the southern homes. They were BEAUTIFUL!! Lincoln looked so small standing at each door









The last how we went to was my parents. My dad had stayed home to finish some work. I love Lincoln's face in each photo.
 "Yay, it's Grandpa's house!"
 "Grandpa's not here :( "
 "YAY!"
 "Look at all my candies Grandpa!"

Once we were inside we quickly checked out all the candies and I put the boys to bed. They were out. Nigh nigh Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment