Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9 Months, Sick baby, Priesthood Blessing, and Sleep Deprived.

Lincoln James is now 9 months old. Can you believe it? Seriously, where does the time go? He is seriously so much fun and completely adorable.

Unfortuntaly this week hasn't been the case (okay, he is still adorable). On Saturday morning Lincoln woke up with the sneezes. Hum we thought. As the day went on his eyes got really red and started to get really runny. We thought it was just allergies. We had been at Lagoon a few days later and the cotton flying around was t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. Well, Saturday night we went to my parents and Lincoln was just miserable. He wouldn't lay down to sleep, and just screamed. Poor guy. I gave him some benedryal and some tylonal.  We left early on Saturday to head home to put him to bed.

On Sunday morning I had a friends homecoming in my parents ward. James had meetings so I took Lincoln with me. He started out just fine in church, but they started to get worse. He's poor eyes and nose. He was so tired, but he wouldn't fall asleep. I ended up leaving right after the sacrament meeting and headed back home to Lehi.

James was home and was getting ready to head to our ward. I told him that there was no way I was going to take mr. Lincoln to church. He needed to sleep. He was seriously miserable.

At 1:30 I got a text from James. He asked if he could bring the young men over at 3:30 to give Lincoln a blessing. I at first thought it was kinda a strange request to have the young men come, but as I thought about it, James was in sacrament meeting and I figure it was a prompting to do so. So I agreed.

At 3:30 James came in with the Bishopric and about 5 young men. James went and got the oil and explained to the boys what the oil is and why it is used. He then went on to explain how important the priesthood is to have in the home. The spirit was so strong as he talked to the young men. I just balled. Then James started getting teary eyed.  It was such a great teaching moment. A good majority of the boys in our ward come from split families and a lot of them just live their their moms. I hope that the boys were able to see and feel how amazing the priesthood is and how important it is to be worthy to have the priesthood in your home so you can give blessings.

Our Bishop anointed the oil on sweet Lincolns head and then James and the Bishopric gave Lincoln a blessing. Like I said before the Spirit was so strong. I was just in tears. It was also Lincoln's first blessing (besides his baby blessing). I am so grateful for the Priesthood and that James has it. I'm also grateful for great neighbors that have been so great while Lincoln has been so sick.

Anyways - Sunday night was one of the worst nights I have had as a parent. Lincoln literally only slept for 2hours all night. He wouldn't go to bed at 8, so we all got in the car and went on a drive. Around ten lincoln had fallen asleep. When we got home, James laid him in his crib and we got ready for bed. I went in to get Lincoln's bottle and to check on him before I went to bed, but as I walked in, Lincoln woke up. He was screaming and screaming and he wouldn't fall back to sleep. So, at midnight, I got in the car and we went on another drive.

The rest of the night Lincoln just screamed and screamed. James took Lincoln on another drive at 3:30AM just so he could sleep for a minute or two. The poor little guy was in so much pain.

First thing in the morning I called the Pediatrician and got an early appointment. Turns out the Lincolnator has a double ear infection, pink eye and a viral infection. The doctor gave Lincoln a shot full on antibiotics and we were on our way home.

I ended up missing some of my classes. My mom was such a saint to drive down to watch Lincoln so I could go to a class I needed to go to. All day Lincoln just moaned and cried and wouldn't sleep.

Later that evening as I was feeding Lincoln he started throwing up and he kept throwing up. It got so bad that we was just dry heaving. I was seconds away from taking him into instacare. He hadn't eaten all day, only 12 ounces! I ended up calling the urgent care nurse and she suggested stop giving him formula and baby food and just do juice and pedialite. I quickly ran to the store while James took Lincoln on another drive to help him calm down.

I came home with Pedialite, numbing ear drops and saline drops for his nose to help suction and ice cream sandwiches :) Luckily the ear drops started to do wonders. Although lincoln doesn't like Juice and the pedialite. So he woke up hungry and that was all we had to feed him. Poor guy. Luckily he slept a little better than the previous night.

Today he was been a little better. I played with his toys a little which was great to see. He has been moaning and needing to be held. He keeps crying because he is so hungry and of course his body hurts. Evey time we try to feed him his formula he throws it up. So we are sticking strong to the pedialite and juice. Plus, I have been puked on so many times, watched the floors and scrubbed the carpets and have seriously, no joke, have done ten loads of laundry.

Right now Lincoln is started to get a little better. He should be sleeping, but he's playing with my computer cord instead. I can't stand him being in his crib screaming in pain so I cave and bring him to cuddle with me.

I pray he starts feeling better soon. I have been giving all of my attention to Lincoln that I have neglected school. I still have 2 research papers to do in a week and half and haven't even started yet. Not to mention completely sleep deprived. No sleep for 3 days has finally caught up with me. Every time I lay my head down to take a nap, Lincoln wakes up or my phone starts ringing. I'm grateful for the silent button on the phone, and for when James got home from work allowing me to take a nap. I'm also grateful for my mom being willing to take Lincoln again tomorrow so I can go to my classes and stay a few extra hours so I can get a good start on my papers.  I cannot wait for school to be over with!

2 comments:

  1. Jami...that's crazy! There is nothing worse than a sick baby. I hope the rest of the semester goes good for you! Good for you for getting school done, I'm going to school now too and it is NOT easy to do school and baby! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jami!! I am so sorry! I think ear aces are the worst, Its such a battle to get them to sleep, and to top it off with all the sickness! That is the worst!! Ohh, and the blessing story is amazing!! What a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete