Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our own home

As of February 24th

We became HOME OWNERS!

Yep, you heard it right. We own a home!

Goodbye rent . . . hello mortgage

We bought the house that we have been renting since we got married.

It is located in Lehi, just south of Thanksgiving point.

Like Thanksgiving point is our backyard.

Well, actually there is a field between us and Thanksgiving Point- but you get the idea.

You can see our house from the freeway. 

Awesome freeway access.  2 to choose from!

Our little house is a total of 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths and 2 full kitchens :)

As of right now, we are renting out the basement of our little home. (helps pay that little thing called a mortgage)

And we are living in the upstairs. The upstairs has 3 beds and 2 baths

The downstairs has 2 beds and 1 bath.

We have a 2 car garage, a yard and we live in a cul-de-sac!

AND it's only 35 minutes from my front door to my parents front door.

Yes I wish we bought a house closer to my parents :) but while I am in school for another year, it makes since to be down south.

And the house is a good investment for down the road
(2 renters at a time)

So - basically we will keep the set up we've had while we were renting - we'll occupy the upstairs while we will rent out the basement to someone.

Pretty nice if you ask me!

I've had so many decorating ideas floating around in my head while we were going through the buying process.

The first step is to tackle the front room

We just bought new couches (we will get them in about 2 weeks)

Then, it's adding all new accessories 
...and getting the carpets clean :)

Then redo the guest/Lincoln's bathroom

Then I want to repaint the kitchen...and get a kitchen table :)

The list goes on and on...

Basically I am really excited!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's exactly what we did when we were newly weds. It was great to have a rental property once we moved. Enjoy the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really exciting for you guys!! Congrats on the huge buy!! I bet you have such a sense of accomplishment huh?

    ReplyDelete