Tuesday, May 18, 2010

update on life

The past couple of weeks has been a lot of fun! James started working full time, 9-5 so i've had to come up with a lot of things to keep me occupied!

About 2 weeks ago, my brother Mitch and sister Kelli both graduated from the University of Utah. Mitch graduated with his Bachelors in some. (something like exercise physiology?...don't quote me on that!) And Kelli graduated with her Masters of Social Social Work! Both of their graduations were on the same night. One was at 5 and the other was 7:30.  All the family got together, except James (he had to work) and actually really enjoyed our night!


I don't have any pictures of Kelli's actual graduation because I was taking pictures with her camera.  She was SO excited about her Masters Hood!

After the 'Graduation Week' I started organizing the house. I got rid of a lot of clothes that were outdated and that I knew I would never be able to fit into again. I also, like I have mentioned before, set up the crib and organized all the bedrooms.

I finished my first baby project! I went to Walmart and bought the Gerber cloth diapers and I sewed cute fabric down the middle of each one and made the cutest burp cloths! I didn't take any pictures, but just know they are super cute!

On the 13th was James birthday. I am such a terrible wife. His birthday totally failed at being a great day. I have been trying to lay low because of some sharp pains I have been having in my abdomen.  Apparently when you are pregnant, your legiments start pulling and moving and it hurts like nothing I could have imagined! My doctor told me to take some Tylenol and drink lots of water and it'll get better eventually. SO, on his birthday, I was still experiencing (and I still am) sharp pains and I wasn't feeling good. He went out to lunch with some of his brothers so when I asked if he wanted to go out to dinner he said he wasn't hungry and just for me to make dinner. I was fine with that so when he got home, I was starting to make dinner and he was like, I am still not hungry from my lunch, do you want to run errands with me. I agreed. As we were driving to Home Depot, I started to get hungry. And when you are pregnant and you get hungry, you have to eat then! I told James I had to get something right now. So he pulled into Panda Express, ordered me some food and I ate it in the car while he ran into the store. When he got home, I felt like I was going to throw up, so I didn't want to really cook anything, so I put in a frozen pizza. Seriously! What a lame birthday!! Although, I did make him a chocolate oreo pie, so I sang him happy birthday, he blew out the matches (i forgot candles at the store) and I went to bed.

The day after his birthday, he drove down to St. George for the Triathalon.  I didn't go, because I wasn't feeling too well, but luckily his brother Tom went down with him. I was so grateful he wasn't going to go by himself! James had his best swim time ever and he felt really good about his race.  He hasn't had a whole lot of time to train for this race due to school and work, but he still managed to get 6th in his age!

While James was in St. George, I stayed at my parents. On Saturday morning my mom, kelli and I went to go see Letters from Juliet. It was so cute! We enjoyed our girls day. Oh, and I went to the eye doctor...turns out I need glasses! This pregnancy has made my eyes start to go bad. It is hard for me to read things far away. (I had PERFECT vision before) The doctor kinda laughed because my eye sight is still good, but it has bothered me enough that he said to get glasses so when I want to see perfect I can. I only have to wear them when I want...and considering my insurance paid for them 100%, i thought, why not!  So I went and picked those out too on Saturday, so fun.....

I then went home late Saturday night because James got home and we spend the night watching a movie. 

James left early Monday morning to go to Vegas for a work conference. So, I'm up at my parents once again! Yesterday we went baby shopping up at park city and had so much fun! My mom bought our little guy such cute clothes! I cannot believe how tiny some of the little outfits our.  I can't believe a baby can really be that small!  

We then decided to go to J.Crew and my luck, they were having a sale. I love J.Crew and I cannot wait til I can fit into their clothes! Well anyways, we were in the store for about an hour, and I started getting really down on how big I am getting and how maternity clothes are NOT CUTE AT ALL!! My stomach has grown so much in the past 3 weeks! Nothing is fitting anymore, and when I try to fit into my t-shirts, you can see my belly button indent..not attractive. 

Luckily I have an amazing sister who let me raid her closet of some empire, flowy shirts. Hopefully i'll be able to wear them for a week..until I get even bigger.

Anyways...there is an update. I didn't mean to go on and on about pretty much nothing...but it's raining outside and I'm still tired and my fingers just kept typing.

Hope everyone has a great week! I get to see my little guy again tomorrow!! I love having ultrasounds every month!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jami,

    This is Lorisa (Worthen) Lowry. Just wanted to tell you I sure enjoy keeping up to date on how you're doing! Congrats on the baby! It's fun to watch you progress because I'm about 2-3 weeks behind you. We just found out we're having a girl. Anyway, best of luck with things! Oh, btw, careful getting glasses as your vision changes while you're pregnant. Have a good one! Hope you feel better soon!
    -Lorisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, James had a better birthday than Jeff did... I had a laryngitis, so I slept until about one while Jeff cleaned the house. And then I had to get a pelvic ultrasound, Jeff had to come cause I couldn't speak.

    ReplyDelete