Thursday, May 20, 2010

UgH

So I had a dream last night that my sister (who isn't pregnant) and my sister in law (who is pregnant) both had babies before I had this little guy. Talk about stress! I know I still have 16 weeks, but I am ready to have this baby.  Pregnancy is great in all...but seriously, some of the side effects are no bueno.

Today I have been blog searching and I came across this Belly Mamas Blog. After searching through many pages of this blog, I found this ...


10 Reasons to Love Being Pregnant

1. The amazement in carrying not one, but two beating hearts.
     (I never really thought about that! That makes me feel good)
2. It's okay to pee your pants, err?
     (Oh good! It's not just me!!)
3. Beautiful daydreams about a beautiful baby.
     (Like today, I want him NOW!)
4. "Let me get that for you" is often heard.
     (LOVE THIS PHRASE!! it'll be sad when this is never heard again)
5. Packing away that tampon stash.
     (L.O.V.E!!!)
6. Blaming it all on the hormones.
     (I may have used this a little too much...oh well!)
7. Memorizing the way your baby kicks like a drum.
     (He wakes me up at 8am and keeps kicking all.day.long...i love feeling his movements)
8. You must eat that king size Snickers bar for your glucose test — you must.
     ("...the doctor said it would help....")
9. That's a big belly to be proud of.
     (this one is hard to like...i enjoy a small belly, but Mister in my Tummy is growing, growing, growing)
10. Having your baby as close as he or she will ever be.
     (love this!)

So all in all, this helped brighten my day just a little bit. I had to laugh about some of those things in the list, they defiantly made me feel like I'm not the only one and that some of the feelings are 'normal'.

Anyways, here is a picture of my belly at 23 1/2 weeks. Oh, and yesterday I went to the dr.'s and he say's that since my body is frame is smaller, it'll be easier to deliver a smaller baby (his sentence in explaining this to me made more sense..sorry) so he wants to deliver me closer to 39 weeks! That is as long as our Misters lungs are developed and my cervix is ready. But a week early, yes, I am DEFIANTLY okay with that! And Yes, I am defiantly okay with being induced.  I like knowing that the date my doctor gives me WILL BE the date I will be delivering (unless our guy comes early..which is GREAT too) but also I like it because it helps us to prepare for our HOUR drive to the hospital. Yes we live in Lehi, and yes I will be delivering at Davis Hospital in Layton. But hey, I LOVE my doctor!!!

Sorry about the side note...here is the recent belly picture. And yes, I'm taking care of my snarly hair tomorrow... I'm getting a much over due hair cut..finally!
 

2 comments:

  1. OH!!! This made me so happy! I am so excited for you!!! That's one lucky baby you have inside you Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Jami, unless there's a MIRACLE, I definitely won't be having my baby before you.. this time I'm just gonna work on having it BEFORE my due date! ha ha You're so cute and pregnant, how would it be to only gain weight on your belly, and absolutely nowhere else?? Hmmm, I wouldn't know. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete