Saturday, August 30, 2014

Biltmore Estate

Last summer my parents mission boundaries were changed. One of the towns they lost was Asheville, NC. I was lucky enough to be able to go to Asheville with my parents the first year they were there and experience beautiful Asheville.  Asheville is a little town in the mountains that has a Park City feel to it. There is also the Biltmore Estate.  George Vanderbilt built this home on his original 125,000 acres. (can you even imagine?!) The estate today includes 8,000 acres. The home itself has 250 rooms, 35 bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, and 65 fireplaces. This place is UNBELIEVABLE! Not only is the house amazing, but so are the grounds. There are beautiful gardens, farm land, winery and lakes. I tried to capture the breathtaking beauty in pictures - but pictures do not do this place justice! If you are ever in North Caroline, you NEED to visit the Biltmore Estate. (ah-mazing!!)

When we planned our trip to NC I told James that I wanted to take him to Asheville and to the Biltmore Estate. So we took a little roadtrip to make it happen. I was sad my parents couldn't go with us (since it's outside their mission) but we had a great time non the less.   I loved seeing the Estate during the Summer. The grounds were beautiful. The flowers were breathtaking!

Layne and Marian- we thought about you two the whole time we were there! You would L.O.V.E it here!!

James and I loved imagining what our lives would have been like if we grew up here... walking the gardens, hunting, swimming, golfing,....all on your own land. ah, such a sweet dream :)





























 we of course missed Winston's nap time which meant he had a complete melt down as soon as we started the house tour. Since i've seen it before, James took Linc around and saw the house while I laid with Winn outside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment