Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Parents Setting Apart

Friday, June 15th was a special day for my parents and family. My dad was set apart as the Mission President over the Charlotte North Carolina Mission and my mom was set apart as a full time missionary. It was such a neat experience to be in the presence of Elder Nielson, who set apart my dad, and Elder Zuick, who set apart my mom.

Elder Nielson was so kind and loving. He gave some great insights and taught us well. My dad was blessed with amazing blessing. He will be truly blessed while he is away serving.

There were many tears shed, all tears of joy.  I cried when my mom has being set apart and the words were said, "I set you apart as a full time missionary." The thought of my mom finally becoming a missionary was so joyous.  She will be the best missionary ever!




The following Sunday my parents spoke in church.  They both did an amazing job. The missionaries in North Carolina are extremely blessed to be taught by such great teachers.

My sweet neighbors who I grew up next to, The Smiths, opened up their beautiful home to my family to have a luncheon afterwards. It was nice to have a place to go considering my parents were all packed up and their house was empty. (such a weird thing!)

Our Sunday was spent surrounded by the ones we love most. It was so neat to see all my parents friends come wish them their love, support and luck.










1 comment:

  1. such a small world...so lookin at your pictures i realized i had your uncle as a seminary teacher and then lisa is from the same area i am! :)

    ReplyDelete