Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Day

We enjoyed a great Independence Day this year.
It wasn't our my traditional 4th of July but it was great non the less.

We started out our morning with a wonderful breakfast at Mike and Melissa's.
It was delicious!
We had french toast, bacon, sausage, fruit and breads (including my homemade zucchini bread).

My sweet niece Emilia was so excited about the 4th of July. She put on many different 'performances' for us.  My favorite was when she sang "God Bless America" while she waved the American Flag.
Goodness, I'm proud to be an American!


The kiddos enjoyed playing in the slip in slide while the grown ups enjoyed some much needed adult conversation. Okay, maybe it was just me in need of some adult conversation :)

Lincoln-man LOVED drinking the water from the slip in slide. He is obsessed with water!







We also got to skype with Marian! It was so good to see her and speak with her! The kiddos also loved that they were able to see Grandma Marian.






After breakfast at the Hatch's we went home and took a much needed nap.
Then we had everyone, everyone who was in town that is, over for a BBQ.

It was fun to host a get together at our house. We are hoping to be hosting more get togethers soon! We loved having everyone over!




After we ate lots and lots and lots of food, we went outside and watch all the neighbors light their fireworks. It was so nice not having to buy fireworks. Our neighbors put on a great show for us!

Followed by the cul-de-sac fireworks, we headed to the backyard and watched the Thanksgiving Point Firework Show. I love that I can sit outside of my own home and watch a great firework show - and I love that I didn't have to be in traffic all night either!

Lincoln did better this year with the fireworks. Last year he couldn't even be outside with them going off. This year he still didn't like the loud bangs, booms, and screams but he was okay as long as his ears were covered. 



And I promise, I was there - the joys of always being behind the camera :)

We loved our 4th of July but we really missed having all our family together.
3 more years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment