Thursday, August 5, 2010

Positive Post

Well, I've refrained from blogging the past little bit because everything that has been on my mind has been negative, and I realized that a lot I've been blogging about has been negative, hence the not blogging. 

On the positive side.... hummmm something positive.....

The baby will be here soon! We are down to 5 and a half weeks! (that is if he decides to come on his due date) 

I've had 3 GREAT baby showers already! I am so grateful for family. Our little Mister has been so spoiled. 

The nursery is almost complete! I know I said I would be posting pictures, but pictures just don't do justice. I want to finish making the pillows and get some things hung on the wall before I do the big revile.  Just know I LOVE IT! Wanna know what we've done so far? Okay, we painted the walls a dark brown (it looks so good with our light furniture) I got cream bumper, cream baby changing pad and cream curtains. Once again, I LOVE the contrast between the dark walls and the light bedding/furniture. The pillows are going to be fun too. I'm doing one that will match the bed skirt (i posted a picture of it in an earlier post) one will be stripes and one will be a brown with some green. It's going to look so good.  I am still trying to convince James to buy a chair of the room. He doesn't think I'll use it, but I do! We are planning on putting the Mister in his nursery from day one, and when I get up for feedings I'm going to want a place to sit/lay. I don't know how I feel about bring him into our bed and feeding him, then taking him back into his room..blah blah blah. So we will see how it all turns out. So once I finish the details, pictures will be posted.

I got a new bathrobe. Yes, this such a positive thing because I have seriously been wearing it nonstop for 2 weeks. Why waste a good outfit when you stay inside all day? And lets be honest, I only have 4 shirts that fit this belly of mine, so why dirty them up for now reason?

Another positive...I finally found a breast pump. woohoo! I found a 2009 on KSL and was able to get it for 80.00. It is in perfect condition. I just need to buy new tubing and I'm good to go. Seriously, a 2009 for under 100..amazing!

The baby is still in head down position! No more breech baby. I'm happy to say that I went 34 weeks of not having the Mister bother my rib cage. Although his little bum has now found it. Even though it's uncomfortable and makes me have perfect posture, I am grateful I didn't have this problem earlier in my pregnancy! I can go 5 and a half weeks of it...yes, yes I can.

I think I found a pediatrician! I still have to make sure he is taking new patients, but I hear he is amazing! I have a friend that uses him and she loves him! She also had a preemie and this Doctor has taken such good care of them, that I think I already trust him :)

Positive....Positive... yup, that's it! Ha.

Everything else is going. I'm still really sick, all the time. I wish I could hit the 'nesting' stage, but the day/night sickness is taking over. I am grateful that when I was in my 20 weeks I had so much energy I was able to do a lot of organizing and cleaning, so I really don't have too much to do before the babe comes. I really need to clean my floors, but lets be honest, it's not the easiest these days.

Even though my belly is getting HUGE, I am still able to put my shoes on,  shave my legs, see my feet, wear my wedding ring and sleep without any discomfort (unless I'm having contractions). 

Anyways, that is my positive post for the week. Hopefully next week will be a better week, because I honestly need to start feeling better or else I'm gonna freak!

P.S. My parents just got their hot tub! Talk about a.m.a.z.i.n.g! Since the girls are all pregnant, we lowered the temperature so it's like bath water and we can enjoy it! Seriously, heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment