Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby updatage

Well, I went to my doctor again today. There was good news this time around. Last week when I went to see him, my blood pressure was really high and we got concerned that I might have toxemia. blah. So he had me back today to get my levels checked. My blood pressure was still high, but he doesn't believe I have toxemia which I am so grateful for. He thinks I might have the somewhat high blood pressure because of the contractions I have been having so he gave me a prescription to help stop the contractions. I think he gave this to me because i'm only 35 weeks, and doesn't want things to happen too quickly. But at the same time, I'm not dilated at all or effaced. blah. I can't wait til things start moving along!! I am SO ready for this babe to come!!

I keep hearing of girls having their babies early, and I keep thinking, that I could go early too...but seriously, I doubt I will, which makes me really sad because I don't think I can wait another 5 weeks. I'm ready to start feeling better, having my appetite back, not being dizzy all the time, having the headaches be gone, and not having the back hurt from the Misters bum pushing against my ribs.

But all in all, I am SO grateful for this pregnancy.  We have been truly blessed. It's amazing how the Lord works. I remember saying in my first trimester how I didn't think I could have anymore kids because of how sick I would feel, but now when I look back, it seems like it was 'bliss' and that it was 'no big deal.' Even now as I look back just from a few weeks ago and remember how sick i've been and how miserable my days have been, I think, 'that really wasn't too bad' yet at the time, I honestly thought I was going to die.

Now, it's just the impatient waiting game. There is still a lot that needs to get done, but I still don't have the energy to do it (due to still being sick). At least we have the crib, clothes and car seat :)

Now, I said I wouldn't post pictures of the nursery yet, because it isn't finished, but what the heck...this is what we have so far. And honestly, the pictures DO NOT do justice. You really can't see the true colors in the room.

This is what the paint job was before we started to paint. It would have worked, but I didn't want a lot of blue...I wanted more browns.
(trying to find the right paint color.)

The bedding. I made the bedskirt and bought the rest. Love the colors!

This picture isn't very clear, but you can see the dark brown walls we painted! I love love love love love it! The bumper, changing pad cover and curtains are a light cream, so the contrast is to die for.

A lighter picture of what we have going on, although, the walls are lots darker. (the flash made them look more cream)

We still need things on the walls, a chair and a lamp.
But at least if the Mister decides to come before we have all that, at least he will have a place to sleep :)

Oh and here is the latest pregnancy photo.
I really didn't think I was this huge until I saw this photo. 
I was honestly scared.

35 weeks

6 comments:

  1. You are not huge!! You look soo good! Just think if you were me you'd be having him next week!! Crazy huh.

    I love the nursery you can always look on etsy.com for cool homeade things to put on your wall. I love going there for ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great. just hang in there. it is hard, but it will be so worth it. don't forget to get a blessing if you need. it really helped me in my last weeks. good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know to yourself you look huge. but I have to tell you that you look amazing! I hope you get feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good! Congrats on baby boy!! You are going to make such a good mommy! Yay for baby boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color of the nursery. I am impressed with your sewing skills. Those sure do come in handy as a Mom- and you are going to be a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not even big!! The picture does make you look smaller than in real life though.. ha ha Just kidding! I'm just trying to make my fat self feel better. I love the nursery, it looks great! I am SO glad you don't have toxemia, your mom was telling me that the other day, but I hope you have that baby soon, I can't wait to see how good looking he is!!

    ReplyDelete