Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hanging in Charlotte

There is something about being in your parents home. It doesn't matter if they live across the Country, home is where your parents are. I loved the days when we just hung out at the Mission Home, ran silly errands or went to the park. I love being in the presence of my parents. I have missed having late night chats in the kitchen, helping my mom cook dinner, learning from my mom and dad, laughing until we cry, watching tv/movies (well, that was mostly me and Scotty :) ). I got really sick the day James flew back to Idaho.  It was so nice being in my parents home and having my mom take care of me and to have her and my dad watch over the boys. I cried one night to my Dad thanking him for all the help he was to my boys. I think my boys enjoyed some one on one time with their Grandparents while I locked myself in the bathroom for 4 days straight. (yes, it was that bad)  I've missed watching my kids interact with their Grandparents.  It's going to be a blessed day when both sets of my kids grandparents will be back in Utah -  only 9 more months! eek!!

So here are some of the fun things we did while visiting Charlotte, which included:
playing new games,
playing in wheelchairs,
Going to get ice cream (lots and lots of ice cream)
Catching fire flies,
my dad being my dad - always making me laugh until I cry.
Building bird houses,
fixing the bird house because the squirrels kept breaking the house to get the food,
chasing squirrels,
going to The Olive Tap
(okay, side note - The Olive Tap. AMAZING! They have all these aged basaltic vinegars and olive oils. You pick what flavor you want and the fill up your jar for you. I got some amazing oils which have been so fun to cook with.  Look it up online -it's amazing. They ship too! I came home with White Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, Tuscany Herb Olive oil and a thick, delicious Balsamic Vinegar)
Swinging on vines in the back yard,
going to gorgeous parks.

It makes me sad that this was most likely our last time going to Charlotte, North Carolina.  My parents will be home in no time. Charlotte has a special place in my heart. I love every little thing about Charlotte, and will miss it dearly.

Thanks mom and dad for the unforgettable time we had in Charlotte!
We love and miss you!
xoxxo 

































No comments:

Post a Comment