Monday, August 31, 2009

Typical Craven Outing

Last weekend, for my sisters birthday, we went up to pineview to get a little boating in! Last mintue my parents decided to stay up in Eden so we could boat Friday night AND Saturday. So, of course, I went up with them, (James was meeting us up there earlier) and Jana and Jake made it up. We got on the lake and my mom and I got some good runs in.





Just as I got out of the water, James called so we were gonna head to the dock to pick him up. You'd think it'd be simple to drive the boat to the dock...well, things ALWAYS tend to get complicated with..THE CRAVENS. My dad started driving the boat before I got the board in, so we slowly turned around to get it. (No harm in that right?!) Well, the rope got stuck in the prop..and boy, was it stuck!
Jake and Jana jumped in and started to see if he could untangle it..but they had no luck. What they really needed was so goggles...and lucky for them, James had some in his car..but he was at the dock.

So my dad got on the phone with James to have him see if a friendly boat would bring him to us..stranded on the far east side of the lake.


Well, my put his blackberry in his front pocket and then...of COURSE...he bent down to the water and PLOP..there goes his phone...right in the water, straight to the bottom! HA
If any body knows my family, we make the worst situations into the best. So the next step to our AWESOME night was to make the best of it..and continue to laugh.


 
 

Once James came to rescue us, it was a matter of about twenty minutes before we were able to boat again. We were grateful for the boat that stayed just in case they had to tow us.


 
 We started going again when. It was finally time for Jana to get out and wakeboard. She got to the middle of the lake when...

Boat on fire? Close...no OIL!!!!


Poor Jana... She was so far from the boat...it was such a looong swim! Thanks to Jake..he jumped in and pulled her to the boat.

 
By the time Jana finally made it back to the boat...it was time to be done. We continued to laugh while we unloaded the boat. Only stuff like this happens to THE CRAVEN's.

I just HAD to post these last two photos...
 
Isn't he good lookin'?!

2 comments:

  1. all i would just like to point out is that i love your dads outfit its the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we were there, it's always fun to experience the Craven accident-prone, crazy adventures we have. I think it's your dad, it's always when he's around..

    ReplyDelete